Friday, January 19, 2018

These students work hard!

Important Dates:
January 29 - Library
February 14 - Early Release 12:15
February 26-March 6 - No School

I know I've said before how hard this class works. But you need to understand they LOVE to learn and work! They moan on Friday because we don't have school on Saturday and Sunday. They write, read, and work on math with smiles and great conversations that further their learning. I just love this class!

And I made a mistake about library. We won't have library on the 22nd, but starting on the 29th, we will be going every Monday.

Literacy: 
Nonfiction and first graders just go together. Their curiosity and quest for new learning pushes me to buy more books and increase my knowledge also. Today (Friday), when I finished up reading with some students, I just enjoyed walking around the room and listening in on all the conversations the students were having about the books they were reading. Topics included: flags, sharks, whales, frogs, dinosaurs, tornadoes, food chains, and reptiles.

Math:
Our measuring unit continues. The students are working really hard to be accurate. We do a lot of whole group and partner discussion time. This allows students to share their thinking and new strategies they have discovered. We are now comparing lengths and next week will be ordering lengths.


No comments:

Post a Comment